Thursday 16 December 2010

A frantic week

 It's been quite a busy week with work and planning for the impending festivities, then out of the blue I get hit with labyrinthitis. In comparison with some other suffers my attack was mild, but debilitating no less; I now have tinitus making it very hard to concentrate.

I know it sounds like the dog ate my homework, but just thought my last minute blog entry into the friday flash deserved an explanation.

This weeks words were melt, spring and chain, I made it with 25 minutes to spare. I'm not entirely happy with it but I might work on it and expand it a little, as theres nothing quite so tasty as revenge especially from a woman scorned.

You can see Lily's blog and the other entries by clicking here!  Here's my entry.

First Harvest

I’m still not sure what caused reality to melt away that day. The voices said it was some kind of breakdown, a chain reaction to everything.

It was spring and the grass was high, that’s where I found them, knotted together, those guilty lovers.

Time for the first cut…

They tried to stand when they saw me, tried to explain their trousers entwined, both raised proud among the reeds. Under the judgement of the scythe they fell easily like mown grass, my husband and his man.

No comments:

Post a Comment